The Jamaican Diaspora of the Southern USA, under the jurisdiction of this Consulate, will stage the second annual Jamaica Hi-5K Walk/Run on Saturday, June 5, at the Miramar Regional Park.
The event will begin at 7:00 a.m., simultaneously in five (5) regions across the Southern USA including Atlanta, GA; Houston, TX; Birmingham, AL; Charleston, SC; and Florida.
The event is also a fundraising opportunity. The proceeds from the 5K Walk/Run will continue to benefit the Port Antonio Health Clinic which was adopted from Registration at the first annual event, by the Diaspora community of the Southern USA. This arrangement by the Ministry of Health and Wellness’ Adopt A Clinic (AAC) Program seeks to engage the Diaspora along with the Jamaican private sector to play a critical role in improving the provision and access to primary health care through philanthropic support. Under the Program, some 100 clinics have been identified for adoption across the island. Our effort is to secure commitment for at least five additional adoptions.
Activities throughout the day are intended to bring together the Diaspora community, family, and friends for the health experience – walk/run and health awareness. All CDC COVID-19 protocols will be observed and enforced.
- The Jamaica Hi-5K will be staged simultaneously in five States:
- South Carolina
- Hi-5K Run/walk starts at 7:00 A.M. (EST)
- Post-race celebration 10:00 A.M. – 12:00 P.M. (EST)
- The post-race celebration includes the distribution of awards and entertainment from various artists and DJs.
- Proceeds donated to the Adopt-A-Clinic initiative which helps raise funds and awareness for healthcare and wellness in Jamaica.